Rimmel Vinyl Gloss Lipgloss *Review*

Monday 14 November 2011









Another lip product review!

Hope you're not getting too bored of these - i have an awful lot of lip glosses/sticks/stains at the moment. Such an easy way to brighten up a Face of the Day especially as i don't have time to do fancy eye makeup every day :( *big sad face*

I've had this Rimmel Vinyl Gloss lipgloss for absolutely agesssss (around a year i believe) and was sent/won it through the Rimmel website when they every so often have the little comps to win the latest product.

I was sent the Lovesick shade which is a rich raspberry red colour.

When i first saw the colour i had been sent i was a bit disappointed as it looked rather dark in the tube and back then i stuck solely to light pinks (since starting my blog i have realised that darker pinks/reds suit me much better). My disappointment soon faded once i tried it out as it's fairly sheer and leaves a nice hint of colour on my lips. As I've mentioned before i have fairly pigmented lips and this is definitely a 'my lips but better' colour on me.

I'm not overly keen on the packaging - i love the sleek black packaging a lot of brands are opting for, and to be honest I'm not a fan of any of Rimmel's packaging (I think it may be the silvery font on this particular product).

Saying that the tube is extremely sturdy and made of a thick clear plastic which shows off the colouring of the product. The wand is also very sturdy and has a doe foot shaped wand. Also the tube is fairly large and you get a decent amount of product for you money - plus!
 

Vinyl Gloss lipgloss has a gorgeous sweet smell almost like bubblegum and isn't sticky or tacky in the slightest. Lovesick is fairly sheer so a few swipes of the wand is required before colour shows through. When you look at the colour through the tube it shows gold shimmer but this does not transfer onto the lips which is nice.

Lasting power is around a couple of hours which is quite good going. This is another product i always have in my handbag as its so easy to apply while on the go - no mirror or steady hands required!
Rimmel's Vinyl Gloss lipgloss comes in 16 shade and retails at £4.99.

I would totally repurchase this item and tempted by a couple of other shades in the collection :)

Disclaimer: I was sent/won this product via the Rimmel website before i became a Blogger.

What do you think of Rimmel's lipglosses? Any shades that are an absolute must?

xoxo



Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. I have this colour! But I have another one called Snog I think? I prefer it too because its more of a creamy pinky colour so quite natural :) xx

    beautyjusticehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs