Guest Post: Cat Litter Face Mask ...

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Hola Senoritas

I'm so excited to bring you today's post by Rosie from The Budget Beauty Book. I'm an avid reader of Rosie's blog, she's a girl after my own heart with her cost-saving ideas and budget buys and below we have a super unique DIY face scrub for you to try ...

Hello lovely people!

I was so excited when Kirsti said she was looking for people to write some guest posts for her while she was away, I’ve been a lover of her blog for some time now so this is so lovely for me!

For those of you who don’t read my blog I basically set out to find the cheapest ways to make myself look and feel beautiful. So I thought I would share with you one of my newest DIY face masks that is making me all giddy and excited!

I recently ran out of my clay face mask and as I’m doing Project 10 Pan I couldn’t go out and buy a new one so I set out to find a way to make my own without spending too many pennies.

So what are we using as our clay you may ask? Cat Litter. Yes you heard me right. Cat Litter.  Before you get all grossed out and stop reading let’s hear some science stuff to help explain….

Cat Litter is made out of a type of volcanic clay called Bentonite. This clay is hydrophilic which basically means that it loves water! It therefore has a negative charge so it draws all of the gross toxins in our skin, so when we remove the clay it takes all of these things with it leaving skin purified and detoxified. Convinced yet?

This mask is amazing for all types of skin as it can visibly help reduce acne, wrinkles and the size of pore amongst many other things! But it is particularly good at helping combat oily skin. You must be convinced by now?!

So here we go! How to make your own cat litter face mask….


You will need:

Unscented Cat Litter

A Glass of Water


A Tablespoon


A Bowl


Any Additional Oils e.g Olive Oil, Lavender Oil (Optional)


1.       Place 2 tbsp of Cat Litter into your bowl, if there is large grains in there it may be a good idea to break them down slightly. This can be done by taking your spoon and pressing down firmly on the litter with the back of it.


2.       Start to add water a little at a time. The clay can take up large amounts of water so it’s important not to do this too face to allow this to happen. We want it to have a muddy consistency, don’t be afraid to have a little excess water in the bowl, that’s a good thing!


3.       Now you can add any extra oils or the like to your mask. I personally add a little olive oil and few drops of lavender oil. Be sure to mix it all in well after!


4.       Now it’s time to apply the mask! Remove your make-up, wash your face with warm water and pat your face dry. Now apply the mask evenly all over your face and leave for 15 minutes until it dries. Wash it off and VOILA, super smooth and amazing skin. Not what we would expect from cat litter eh?


So there you have it, something a little different for you all.

Thank you so much for letting me write a post for you Kirsti!

* A massive thankyou to Rosie - who's gonna try this? *

xoxo

Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. When I started using cat litter instead of a clay mask, everyone was like "Yuuuuuuw you're crazy!" Ahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have never have thought of cat litter. Well, that's interesting! Haha!

    Great guest post Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Primarily the health problems experienced by cat owners or their cats come from the first category and the most significant of these risks is called Toxoplasmosis. best cat litter

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs