Guest Post: Spice Up Your Everyday Eyeliner Look Tutorial ...

Sunday 18 September 2011

Hey ladies! How's it all going? I am now midway through my hols (here's hoping I'm not burnt to a frazzle!) Today we have the gorgeous Lyuba from Funky Makeup Junkie who has a fab post waiting for you ...

Spice Up Your Everyday Eyeliner Look Tutorial

Hello Everyone, 

I'm terrible with introductions! So I'm Lyuba from Funky Makeup Junkie and just like my blog name suggests, I love everything funky. ;) However, I realize that not everyone likes to wear bright makeup on everyday basis, so today I'll show you how to add a little somethin-somethin' to your everyday eyeliner look. This way you can have a touch of color, but without going overboard. 


1. Start with prepped eye. 

Prep your eye area as you would usually do and apply a little bit of UDPP to your lid, or any other primer that you like to use. 


2. Apply any dark eyeliner you like. Here I'm using my favorite GOSH Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen in Brown. Don't worry if it doesn't come out perfect right away, play around and more importantly practice because practice does make perfect! :) 


3. Take any bright opaque eyeliner and paint a (think-ish) line from the center of your eye until (about) the corner. Follow the outline of your base eyeliner, and make sure to stay inside the base eyeliner! You can use any shade you want, as long as it's opaque enough to cover the base eyeliner. Here I'm using Wet n Wild Mega Liner Liquid Eyeliner in Turquoise, but I also think it would work with any red or gold eyeliners. Experiment! Have fun with the color combinations. 



4. Take the accent eyeliner and draw a thin line right under the "wing" of the base eyeliner, making sure you follow the outline exactly and extending the line a bit. 


5.  Apply your favorite mascara. 


6. Don't forget to do the same thing to your other eye, preferably at the same time. If you do both eyes at the same time, you will have an easier time making it all look uniform. 



7. Finish up with your favorite gloss or lipstick, put on your pair of glasses and you're done! 

I hope this tutorial inspired you to experiment with your everyday eyeliner. Don't worry if it doesn't come out perfect the first time, just keep practicing and have fun and you will get there! :) 




* Thanks again Lyuba, i will definitely be trying this out when i return :) *


Photobucket

5 comments :

  1. Love this! Never thought to do this, definitely will be giving it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! It looks like a little turquoise ribbon wrapping round your eyeliner :) So pretty, Lyuba!
    You've got such gorgeous eyebrows as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies :) I would love to see the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful, I'm definitely going to have to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs